CODE OF ETHICS
The Canadian Kennel Club is incorporated under the Animal Pedigree Act to be responsible for the registration, preservation and promotion of all CKC recognized breeds of dogs in Canada.
The Canadian Kennel Club is a national
membership organization representing purebred dog activities. The Board of Directors of The Canadian Kennel Club are elected from the membership representing their regional zones and are responsible to that membership.
In order to achieve
the goals and objectives of The Canadian Kennel Club, its members agree to adhere to the following principles:
All members of The Canadian Kennel Club will comply with the By-laws, rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors
of The Canadian Kennel Club and the requirements of the Animal Pedigree Act;
All members of The Canadian Kennel Club will provide their dogs with appropriate housing, food and health care;
All members of The Canadian Kennel Club
will endeavour to enhance the role of the purebred dog in society as an essential member of its communities where it functions as a companion, a guardian, a healer, a hunter, a herder, a teacher and, above all, "man's best friend";
order to preserve and enhance each breed's characteristics, The Canadian Kennel Club supports and encourages participation in shows, trials and other events. All members, whether they be exhibitors, handlers, judges or assistants will participate
in such activities with honesty, fairness and integrity, ever mindful of the practice of "good sportsmanship";
Except as provided in the By-laws of The Canadian Kennel Club, all members as breeders of purebred dogs, will include in their
programs, only Canadian Kennel Club registered (or registerable) stock which will strengthen the genetic pool and, thus, guarantee further progression toward the ideals of the standard, keeping authentic records of their activities;
members of The Canadian Kennel Club will undertake the task of educating and encouraging all newcomers to the world of purebred dogs no matter their interest: pet-owner, exhibitor, trialer or breeder.
Conditions of Membership
Categories of MembershipBasic Membership
- Full adherence to the CKC Code of Ethics and Code of Practice, By-laws, rules regulations, policies and procedures, basic objects and principles of the Club.
- No record of conviction on a charge of cruelty to animals.
- Non-involvement in the buying, selling or breeding of dogs which are not purebred.
- No record of suspension or expulsion from any foreign, CKC recognized registry body or any other body incorporated under the Animal Pedigree Act.
- Payment of annual membership fee.
Membership Plus (previously known a Premier Membership)
- Full rights, responsibilities and benefits of membership with The Canadian Kennel Club
- Full Basic membership PLUS additional unique benefits including guaranteed timely delivery of Registration Division work and free on-line advertising listings for all CKC-registered litters.
- Voting privileges are bestowed on a Regular member after one year. At that time, a Regular member may stand for election to the Board of Directors. The minimum voting age for a Regular Club member is 19, and voting privileges are extended to Canadian
Fees for goods and services delivered to; Ontario will be subject to 13% HST; Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, PEI 15% HST. Fees for goods and services delivered to all other provinces and territories
are subject to 5% GST. Neither GST nor HST is applied to purchases delivered outside of Canada.